(1) I want to create a twitter thread to catalog every terrible thing Trump, #TRE45ON, or Trump’s administration has ever done. As you can guess, this is going to be a MEGA thread. Today, my tweets will center around Trump’s history of racism, divisiveness, anti-antisemitism,
(2) xenophobia, and horrific immigration policy. Let’s begin in 1973. In 1973, the US DOJ sued Trump Management for housing discrimination targeting African Americans. 3 doormen at one of Trump’s buildings were told to discourage black people who came seeking apartments by
(3) claiming no vacancies or hiking up the cost of rent. A rental agent was instructed by Fred Trump not to rent to black people. Another rental agent was instructed “to decrease the number of black tenants by encouraging them to locate housing elsewhere,”. This lawsuit was
(4) settled in 1975 with the DOJ; however, Trump tried to countersue the DOJ for $100 million for making false statements. Concerning this discrimination, Donald Trump reportedly told another person “You don’t want to live with them either,”, ‘them’ referring to the black people
(5) Trump was actively discriminating against. In 1989, Trump took out full-page ads, pictured below, in four NY newspapers and called for the return of the death penalty for the Central Park 5. When evidence began to come out in 2002 that the Central Park 5 may have been wrongly
(6) convicted, Trump said “No. They confessed. Now they say they didn’t do it. Who am I supposed to believe?”. He doubled down on these comments and said “They admitted they were guilty,” and that “The police doing the original investigation said they were guilty. The fact that
(7) that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous. And the woman, so badly injured, will never be the same,”. In John O’Donnell’s book Trumped! from 1991, O’Donnell quotes Trump as saying “I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza.
(8) Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes…. Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else… I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because
(9) laziness is a trait in blacks,”. Although he has come out more recently and denied that he has said this, he was interviewed in 1997 by Playboy author Mark Bowden and said that this quote was “probably true”. In 2000, Donald Trump and his associates
(10) (including, surprise surprise, Roger Stone) agreed to pay $250,000 and issued a public apology for failing to reveal that they financed ads which were critical of the building of Native American casinos in the Catskill Mountains. These casinos happened to be in direct
(11) competition with Trump’s own casinos in Atlantic City. It was revealed that Trump paid $150,000 in newspaper ads critical of members of the St. Regis Mohawk Tribe. In an interview with Imus on June 18, 1993, Trump said “A lot of these reservations are being, in some
(12) people’s opinion, at least to a certain extent, run by organized rime and crime elements,” going on to say “I think if you’ve ever been up there, you would truly say that these are not Indians,”. Trump went on to appear at the House Subcommittee on Native American Affairs
(13) of the Committee on Natural Resources, saying ofthe Native Americans who were creating these casinos “They don’t look like Indians to me,”. Trump is also a famous birther, believing Obama was born in Kenya. In an interview on March 30, 2011, Trump said that Obama
(14) “doesn’t have a birth certificate, or if he does, there’s something on that certificate that is very bad for him. Now, somebody told me – and I have no idea if this is bad for him or not, but perhaps it would be – that where it says ‘religion,’ it might have ‘Muslim’,”.